Youth Guarantee on the local level
Objectives of the Project
This Project aims to pilot test the good practice of Youth Guarantee (YG) approach from Finland in the environment of one Slovak municipality. The realization of this objective shall be the starting point for the possible revision of the Youth Guarantee applications in Slovakia towards the local level.
The model of Youth Guarantee became one of the main approaches of the European Union in tackling the youth unemployment. It is trying to reflect the situation of young people up to 25 years, especially NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training), by facilitating their access to the first and better job.
Duration of the Project
09/2016 – 08/2019
The Project has been supported by European Commission programme Erasmus+
Municipality Turku (Finland) – Education Division
20 members of the working group from one Slovak municipality/ region with increased unemployment rate and marginalized comunity, 10 learning participants of the observation group from other municipality, 80 young people up to 25 years old – including group of so called NEET youth.
- forming of the working group of 20 members composed of wide range of actors that shall be essential in elaborating or influencing of the employment of youth in the region
- forming of voluntary observation group of 10 learning participants from other municipality
- provision of support to the members of the working group in its activities, needs and fulfilment of the defined tasks
- to facilitate a deeper understanding of the application of the Youth Guarantee strategies on the local level in Turku municipality during the first 6-day long study visit
- realization of the 2 days long first learning and training seminar provided by the expert from Turku in Slovakia aimed at elaboration of the local action plan
- elaboration and approval of the design of the local action plans for YG strategies drafted by the local working groups valid for the needs and particularities of the target municipality
- implementation of the local action plan in the target region
- acquire of the financial means for the implementation of the action plan in the target region via sources of ESF
- realization of the local action plan for YG, including provision of the high quality services for youth on the local level in the area of employment and education of the young people, especially from group of NEET
- evaluation and monitoring of the implementation of the local action plan for YG by the members of the local working group
- provision of methodological expert support and supervision on the implementation of the local action plans of YG during the first 6-day long study visit in Turku
- realization of the 2 days long second learning and training seminar provided by the expert from Turku in Slovakia aimed at supervision and methodological support of the implementation of the activities of the local action plan for YG
- organization of an informative and dissemination seminar about the results and outcomes of the Project for a wide range of actors, representatives of municipalities and various organisations
- organization of the closing conference of the Project for the representatives of the state administration and other relevant actors that might have an impact on the transfer of the program towards the local level